Adult Learners (19+)
Short courses for adult students starting soon
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC), we offer a range of professional, personal development and fun courses for people over the age of 19. We deliver professional qualifications such as AAT and ACCA courses for professional development. We also provide Access to Higher Education and Higher Education courses. As well as this, we also provide short courses for personal development or just for fun, such as ESOL, DIY for beginners or Creative Digital Photography.
Courses starting from January 2019
We have a range of courses for adults students that will be starting from January 2019 - you can select the area you are interested in from the course list on the left hand side:
- AAT Accounting
- Art and Design
- Construction Crafts
- Creative and Digital Photography
- ESOL (English for Speakers of Other Languages)
- Fabrication and Welding
- First Aid
- Professional Cookery
- Sport and Exercise
You can browse our list of adult short courses by clicking here, or look at our larger range of qualifications on the left of this page. Alternatively, you can download a full list of adult courses that are staring from September 2019 by clicking here. Many adults have come to Richmond upon Thames College to study over the years and have given us great feedback on how engaging, useful and convenient their courses were.
Where’s Richmond upon Thames College?
Richmond upon Thames College is located in Twickenham, which is just 12 minutes on the train from Clapham Junction and 22 from London Waterloo. Click here to find out how to get to RuTC.
NB: Please note that all courses for 19+ learners are subject to minimum enrolled numbers. If a course does not enrol an adequate number of students, the course may be cancelled at short notice.
Ofsted for Adult Courses
In November 2017 Richmnd upon Thames College was judged GOOD by Ofted. This is what they said about our adult provision:
- Leaders, managers and teachers plan and design adult programmes carefully and effectively to ensure that they meet the needs of the community.
- Teachers successfully support students to overcome barriers to employment and learning. As a result, the majority of students progress to higher-level learning or employment.
- Teachers and staff support adult students well to develop the skills they need to progress towards their individual goals. Ofsted 2017
What Adult Students Say About RuTC
- 'I wanted something completely different from my day to day but this course has opened my eyes to a whole load of possibilities and ways of life' Kirsten Pattie, student on the interior design short course and Senior Strategist at RAPP Agency
- 'The teaching here is excellent. They go beyond the point to help you to understand and are really happy to go outside work hours to help you' Nimi Virdea, student on the accounting course and former auditor
- 'This course is a very good start to get a good understanding of the basics' Matt Clark, student on the AutoCAD course and Project Manager at Harlequins
MOD’s Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme (ELC)
RuTC is delighted to be able to support the MOD's Enhanced Learning Credits Scheme and to be able to promote lifelong learning amongst members of the Armed Forces by providing training opportunities for all service personnel, particularly those who have left service. The ELC scheme provides financial support in the form of a single up-front payment in each of a maximum of three separate financial years. ELC funding is only available for pursuit of higher level learning ie for courses that result in a nationally recognised qualification at Level 3 or above on the National Qualifications Framework (NQF) (England and Wales), a Level 6 or above on the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF) or, if pursued overseas, an approved international equivalent qualification. Further information is available at www.enhancedlearningcredits.com or by contacting our Finance Office on 0208 607 8347.
Art and Design
Catering and Hospitality
Computing and IT
Construction and the Built Environment
English for Speakers of Other Languages
Sport and Exercise
Find your course