Catering and Hospitality
If you have a passion for food and drink and aspire to work in a creative and fast paced industry, where your love of culinary arts can be supported, then you are in the right place!
'The View' training restaurant is Richmond upon Thames College's brand new commercial restaurant, with amazing panoramic views across London. Here, our talented trainee chefs and waiting staff serve fine dining lunches and dinners to a variety of local charities, businesses and people from Richmond, Kingston, Hounslow and other surrounding areas.
Our students also have the opportunity to work in the college's canteen and coffee shop, creating and serving lunch every day to our staff and students, giving you the opportunity to experience different aspects of the hospitality industry.
Advantages of studying in the school of Catering and Hospitality at RuTC:
- 100% pass rate for all catering and hospitality courses in 2019
- High class industry standard facilities within the training restaurant
- Experienced teachers from the industry with a wealth of skill and knowledge
- Apprenticeship options available
- Established links to employers including some of the top restaurants and hotels in London
Our Catering and Hospitality students receive an abundance of work experience during their time with us. As well as their work in the restaurant, students receive opportunities for work experience and apprenticeships at some of the top restaurants in London. Some of our Catering and Hospitality students progress to university, most progress to an apprenticeship or go straight into the workplace.
How to apply
Search our Catering and Hospitality courses
- Professional Cookery NVQ Level 1
- Professional Cookery NVQ Level 2
- Advanced Professional Cookery NVQ Level 3
- Professional Cookery NVQ Level 2 (part time)
- Professional Cookery NVQ Level 3 (part time)
- Patisserie and Confectionery Diploma Level 3 (part time)
Search Careers in Catering and Hospitality
What our students say...
Find your course