Construction and Engineering
Exciting ECITB Scholarship Opportunities!
Before you read on, we wanted to let you know that we have some exciting opportunities for aspiring Engineers of the future - click the buttons below for further details:
As the demand for construction workers and engineers is on the rise, it has never been a better time to train as our next generation of construction and engineering professionals.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC), we teach construction trades in plumbing and carpentry and engineering courses in electrical and electronic and mechanical. We also offer construction and built environment and building services engineering.
What separates us from school is that we teach these subjects from a vocational approach. The majority of teaching is practical and is undertaken in our industry standard workshops, taught by teachers who have worked in the industry they specialise in.
Advantages of studying in the school of Construction and Engineering at RuTC:
- 92% pass rate for all vocational/technical courses at Level 3 in 2020
- Workshops equipped with industry certified equipment
- Teachers with vast industry experience and strong trade and professional links
- Work experience opportunities with local organisations
- Good progression to university from engineering courses
- Option to progress to HNC in Electrical and Electronic and Mechanical Engineering at RuTC
- Good progression to apprenticeships from construction and engineering courses
A large number of students go onto apprenticeships from both construction and engineering courses and staff here are able to fully support this transition, due to industry links. Engineering students also have a great track record of going to top universities and find that the practical skills they have learnt at college often puts them ahead of other students who have come from a more academic route. Engineering students also have the option to progress to the Level 4 HNC in Engineering with the college.
How to apply
Search our Construction and Engineering courses
- Building Services Engineering Level 3
- Introductory Diploma in Construction Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery – Bench Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery – Bench Level 3
- ECITB Scholarship Design and Draughting Level 3
- ECITB Scholarship Project Control Level 3
- Engineering Level 1
- Engineering Level 2
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering Level 3
- Mechanical Engineering Level 3
- Plumbing Level 1
- Plumbing Level 2
Courses for adults (aged 19+)
Search Careers in Construction Crafts
Search Careers in Engineering
Find your course