Information on remote teaching and online safety
Following the Government advice to close the college with the outbreak of Coronavirus and our subsequent move to remote learning, our students will be spending an increased amount of time online. Accordingly we would like to make you aware of the latest guidance and resources from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command (CEOP) so that parents and carers have the necessary information for ensuring students are accessing the internet in a safe way.
Teachers will never:
- Ask students for their passwords
- Ask to talk to students privately e.g. in 1:1 video chats
- Be replaced by someone you aren’t familiar with
- Ask to communicate through non-college apps (RuTC uses @rutc.ac.uk email addresses, the Microsoft 365 suite including Microsoft Teams, Edmodo, and Moodle)
- Arrange to meet students offline
- Contact students from personal emails or phone numbers
RuTC Values Every Parent
Welcome to Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC). We will provide all the information you need to know about your child's experience at college. We value our relationships with parents and carers and are keen to work in partnership with you to ensure that your son or daughter can achieve their full potential. While we encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and conduct, your involvement is key. We are committed to maintaining contact with you through regular reports on attendance, letters of concern and congratulations about achievement, students' reports and parents' evenings.
Progression Information and Parent Portal
We encourage you to log into the Parent Portal so that you can view and monitor your son or daughter's attendance and progress.
From Parent Portal you can access the following information:
- Details of upcoming events, meeting and deadlines
- Attendance and punctuality details
- Recent comments
- Student details
- Study programme
- Exam timetable (if applicable)
- Learner ILP (Individual Learning Plan)
- Reports to parents
Please click here to log in to Parent Portal >>
Parent/Carer/Guardian Contact details
It is important that we have the correct phone number and email address for whoever the student has named as their next of kin when they enrolled, so that we can communicate with you directly.
If a student is under 18 years of age, the college will send communication to Parents/Carers/Guardians in regards to the following:
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Disciplinary meetings
- Progress reports We encourage you to log into the Parent Portal so that you can view and monitor your son/daughters attendance and progress.
If your phone number or email address has changed or was not provided to us during enrolment, please supply your details using the below form.