Who can apply?
- Those enrolled on a full-time funded course.
- Those aged over 16 and under 19 at 31st August in the academic year in which a course commences or 19+ learners with an EHCP.
- To apply you must be able to provide evidence of household income, £25,000 gross per annum or below for the tax year April 2017-18. This information can normally be found on the Tax Credit Award Notice 2018-19. Alternatively benefits paperwork dated within the last 3 months.
- Students should have their own bank/building society account that accepts BACS payments.
Who cannot apply?
- Overseas students
- Students on work-based learning or apprenticeships
- Learners in prison or a young offender institution or those who have been released on a temporary license, for example on day release
- All payments are dependent on available funds.
- Your application will not be assessed without the required evidence.
- We cannot be responsible for original documents.
- Evidence must be provided by applicant together with their application.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
- Application form for 16-18 students
- Application form for 19+ students
- Guidelines for 16-18 bursary
- Guidelines for 19+ bursary
Everything you need to know
Find your course