Our bursary fund provides financial support to overcome specific barriers to education.
You may be eligible for the Discretionary Bursary if you or your family have a household income of below £25,000.
This bursary can be used to contribute towards travel costs, college meals, uniform, course materials and books (including whilst on industry placement) – funding will be prioritised towards these expenditures.
This funding is allocated based on individual needs.
Who can apply?
- Those enrolled on a full-time funded course
- Those who meet the ESF Agency residency criteria
- Those aged 16 or over but under 19 at the 31st of August 2020 (if you turn 19 during your course of study, you will still receive funding until the end of the college year)
- Those aged 19 or over at the 31st of August 2020 and have an Education, Health and Care Plan (Discretionary Bursary and Free College Meals only)
- Those aged 19 or over at the 31st of August 2020 and continuing on a study program you began aged 16 to 18 (Discretionary Bursary and Free College Meals only)
- To apply you must be able to provide evidence of household income, £25,000 gross per annum or below for the tax year April 2019-20. This information can normally be found on the Tax Credit Award Notice Alternatively, you can provide benefits paperwork dated within the last 3 months
- Students should have their own bank/building society account that accepts BACS payments
Who cannot apply?
- Overseas students
- Students on work-based learning or apprenticeships
- Learners in prison or a young offender institution or those who have been released on a temporary license, for example on day release
- All payments are dependent on available funds
- Your application will not be assessed without the required evidence
- We cannot be responsible for original documents
- Evidence must be provided by applicant together with their application
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- Students must adhere to the college requirements for attendance and behavior
Everything you need to know
Find your course