You may be eligible for an Enhanced Bursary of up to £1200 a year if you fall into one of the four defined vulnerable groups.
This bursary can be used to contribute towards travel costs, college meals, uniform, course materials and books – funding will be prioritised towards these expenditures.
Students on full time courses can receive up to £1,200 calculated on an individual needs basis, students on part time courses will receive a pro-rata amount.
Who can apply?
Students aged over 16 and under 19 at 31st August who are either:
- In care or a care leaver and in financial need
- A young person living independently on income support or universal credit
- In receipt of both ESA or Universal Credit and Disabled Living Allowance or P.I.P
- Enhanced Bursary payments will be paid to students on a fortnightly basis
- Students must adhere to the college requirements for attendance and behavior
- Your application will not be assessed without the required evidence
- Incomplete applications will not be processed
- We cannot be responsible for original documents
There are a number of drop-in sessions over the summer to enable students to complete applications before the start of the college year:
03/07/2019 – 10:00 to 12:00 and 14:00 to 16:00
10/07/2019 – 14:00 to 16:00
25/07/2019 – 11.00 to 13.00
06/08/2019 – 10.00 to 12.00
15/08/2019 – 14.00 to 16.00
- 16-19 Bursary Application Form 2019-20
- 16-19 Bursary Guidelines 2019-20
Everything you need to know
Find your course