We will provide all the information you need to know about your child's experience at college. We value our relationships with parents and carers and are keen to work in partnership with you to ensure that your son or daughter can achieve their full potential. While we encourage students to take responsibility for their own learning and conduct, your involvement is key. We are committed to maintaining contact with you through regular reports on attendance, letters of concern and congratulations about achievement, students' reports and parents' evenings.
At Richmond upon Thames College, we are committed to the education and career preparation of our students. We understand that you, as parents, carers and guardians, need to know that your child is reaching their full potential during their time at college.
Here you can find more about how we will communicate with you and how you can access Parent Portal as well as other important information that you may need to know.
We Value Every Parent
For information on our College protocols regarding Coronavirus, please click here.
Communicating with you
Information on remote teaching and online safety
Due to the Coronavirus pandemic, we have introduced blended learning, which means students will have a mixture of remote online learning and attending college. This means that our students will be spending an increased amount of time online. Accordingly we would like to make you aware of the latest guidance and resources from the Child Exploitation and Online Protection command (CEOP) so that parents and carers have the necessary information for ensuring students are accessing the internet in a safe way. You can also view our Online Learning Platform Policy and Guidelines.
Teachers will never:
- Ask students for their passwords
- Ask to talk to students privately e.g. in 1:1 video chats
- Be replaced by someone you aren’t familiar with
- Ask to communicate through non-college apps (RuTC uses @rutc.ac.uk email addresses, the Microsoft 365 suite including Microsoft Teams, Edmodo, and Moodle)
- Arrange to meet students offline
- Contact students from personal emails or phone numbers
Progression Information and Parent Portal
We encourage you to log into the Parent Portal so that you can view and monitor your son or daughter's attendance and progress.
From Parent Portal you can access the following information:
- Details of upcoming events, meeting and deadlines
- Attendance and punctuality details
- Recent comments
- Student details
- Study programme
- Exam timetable (if applicable)
- Learner ILP (Individual Learning Plan)
- Reports to parents
Please click here to log in to Parent Portal >>
Parent/Carer/Guardian Contact details
It is important that we have the correct phone number and email address for whoever the student has named as their next of kin when they enrolled, so that we can communicate with you directly.
If a student is under 18 years of age, the college will send communication to Parents/Carers/Guardians in regards to the following:
- Attendance and Punctuality
- Disciplinary meetings
- Progress reports We encourage you to log into the Parent Portal so that you can view and monitor your son/daughters attendance and progress.
If your phone number or email address has changed or was not provided to us during enrolment, please supply your details using the form below.