Higher Education and Access to HE Courses
Gain the qualifications and training you need to get into university and secure great career opportunities
At Richmond upon Thames College we offer a niche set of courses for those interested in changing their career path, preparing for and getting into university or advancing in their current careers. Our access courses attract students of ages 19-70 and are taught in an engaging and holistic way in order to give our students all of the knowledge and skills they need to make that career transition.
The College offers a wide range of niche Higher Education courses in graphic design, engineering and construction, early years and IT, as well as numerous Access to Higher Education courses in art and design, sports science, health science, social science, business and accounting.
According to the 2016 Ofsted Report on Adult Learning at RuTC, '... teaching is good and delivered by specialist staff who skillfully relate theory to practical applications in the workplace.' Ofsted, rating our adult provision as Good, also said, 'There is regular assessment of learning with written feedback, which provides clear support to help learners to improve their work. Teachers also provide good individual feedback in lessons.
Reason to do an access course at Richmond upon Thames College:
- In 2016 Ofsted rated RuTC Adult Provision as GOOD
- Flexible part-time or full-time study that fits around your work/ lifestyle
- Various funding options available depending on your age, employment status and qualifications
- Classes are small, allowing for ample one-to-one tutorials with teachers
- The students are diverse, better preparing you for a diverse world of work
- Great support services for those with counselling, study and learning needs
- A big, easy-to-access campus with great facilities
- Strong work-related emphasis and links to employers
- A great track record of student success
In 2014, representatives from the Quality Assurance Agency (QAA) carried out a full review of Richmond upon College's Higher Education provision. They were particularly impressed with the College's strong and long lasting links with employers, some of whom have worked with the College for over 30 years. Students were clear in their views to the QAA reviewers that the College's provision is excellent and that they felt supported as well as stretched and challenged.
Study something you enjoy, improve your future career prospects and develop essential study, presentation and employability skills. Enrol on a Higher Education course or apply for an Access course for September 2017.
Art and Design
Computing and IT
Health and Social Care
Sport and Exercise
Find your course