In order to ensure, so far as is reasonably practicable, the Safety, Health and Wellbeing of everyone on campus, the following protocols must be adhered to at all times.
Any person with any regular symptoms indicating the possibility of having Covid-19, including a raised temperature, new and continuous cough and/or loss of smell or taste must not enter the College.
In common with other campus users, students are required to:
1) only attend college when invited or timetabled to do so, arriving on site no earlier than 10 minutes prior to your first lesson and leaving within 10 minutes after your last lesson.
3) safely store any face coverings used on public/shared transport on arrival at College, or dispose of them in the designated waste bins. There will be a limited supply of disposable face masks on request from Student Services.
4) sanitise hands on entry and throughout the day. Wash hands with soap and water for 20 seconds, especially after using the toilet. Wear face coverings in all corridors and communal areas, unless you are exempt for medical reasons, or whilst eating or drinking. Where 2 metre distancing is not possible you may be requested to wear a face covering in other parts of the building.
5) not mix with others outside of your designated bubble(s). Students have been allocated to teaching bubbles. Whilst every effort will be made to ensure that bubbles do not mix, the College cannot guarantee 100% integrity of bubbles.
Bubbles are identified by the colour of their lanyard
• A Levels - Green
• STEM - Red
• Creative - Industries Purple
• Business, Catering, Sport, Travel and Tourism - Magenta
• Healthcare and Early Years and Supported Learning Light - Blue
• Staff Dark - Blue
• Visitors - Yellow
6) bring your own stationery, pens, pencils, notebook and digital devices if possible. College equipment for practical lessons will be provided. Strict cleaning regimes will be in place in this regard.
7) adhere to the marked one-way systems and respect the personal space of others whilst on Campus. In corridors, walk on the left-hand side, single file, paying attention to the social distance markers displayed on the floors. Avoid contact with others – do not shake hands or hug others, for instance.
8) Note the health and safety rules provided to you during your induction.
9) if you become unwell whilst on site or experience symptoms of Covid-19, you should immediately go to reception where you will be taken to an isolation room where an assessment will be made about next steps.
10) not enter or attempt to enter any part of the building than that which has been made available to you.
11) refrain from using mobile phones when moving around campus, to ensure you are aware of your surroundings and social distance space.
12) tell someone in a position of responsibility if you have any concerns or worries.
These requirements have been set to protect you and all those who share the campus with you. Those who refuse to socially distance, or who put others in vulnerable situations such as deliberately coughing or spitting, will not be tolerated and will be dealt with under the Student Support and Disciplinary Policy.