Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

First Aid Refresher (Onsite) Level 3

This 2 day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification which is due to expire.

This course has roll-on, roll-off beginning and end dates to accommodate demand. Please feel free to enquire about upcoming dates using the button below.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code PL0PF / A0001

How long is the course? 2 days

What time does the course start? 9:00AM

What time does the course end? 5:00PM

When does the course run? Thursday & Friday

How much does the course cost? All Fees £175

• Who is this course for and what will I study?

Please consider the following rules for attendance:

• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2 day requalification course without question, if it's within 1 month of the expiry date.
    • If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2 day course providing 'special considerations' have been applied

Special considerations are:

A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating that in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2 day course and does not require a full 3 day FAW course.

Day One

• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
    • Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
    • Fractures and spinal injuries
    • Control of bleeding
    • Poisoning
    • Burns
    • Epilepsy
    • Resuscitation
    • Bandaging
    • Heart attacks

Day Two

• Chest injuries
    • Head injuries
    • Asthma
    • Stroke
    • Shock
    • Choking
    • Eye injuries
    • Sprains and strains
    • Diabetes
    • Assessment of the situation
  • What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

There are no prerequisites to join this course other than holding an FAW certificate that is about to expire or has expired.

• How will I be taught?

This classroom-based course is taught through a combination of practical demonstrations and role play activities. For example you will use Resusci Annie dolls to practise CPR techniques ensuring you use the correct procedure.

• How will I be assessed?

There is a short multiple choice question paper to be completed each day. There will be 2 practical assessments in the form of scenarios/incidents and practical application of CPR. You must attend all 2 days in order to achieve this qualification.

• What qualification will I get?

A three year certificate Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work will be issued, subject to successful assessment.

• What can the course lead to?

You can become a designated first aider in the workplace.

To Apply or Enquire

If you are interested in applying please fill out an application form. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

Find your course

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News