Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

First Aid Refresher (Onsite) Level 3

This 2 day First Aid at Work course is designed for those who currently hold a First Aid at Work (FAW) qualification which is due to expire.

This course has roll-on, roll-off beginning and end dates to accommodate demand. Please feel free to enquire about upcoming dates using the button below.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code PL0PF / A0001

How long is the course? 2 days

What time does the course start? 9:00AM

What time does the course end? 5:00PM

When does the course run? Thur & Fri

How much does the course cost? Tuition fee £164 Certification fee £10 Materials fee £1 = Total fee £175

Examining Body NUCO

Is an interview required? No

• Who is this course for and what will I study?

Please consider the following rules for attendance:

• A First Aider can renew their FAW qualification by attending a 2 day requalification course without question, if it's within 1 month of the expiry date.
    • If the First Aider has lapsed by more than 1 month, but no longer than 3 months, then the First Aider can requalify by attending a 2 day course providing 'special considerations' have been applied

Special considerations are:

A signed letter from the employer to the provider of the training stating that in their opinion, the First Aider is suitably experienced to attend a 2 day course and does not require a full 3 day FAW course.

Day One

• Legalities, responsibilities and reporting
    • Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
    • Fractures and spinal injuries
    • Control of bleeding
    • Poisoning
    • Burns
    • Epilepsy
    • Resuscitation
    • Bandaging
    • Heart attacks

Day Two

• Chest injuries
    • Head injuries
    • Asthma
    • Stroke
    • Shock
    • Choking
    • Eye injuries
    • Sprains and strains
    • Diabetes
    • Assessment of the situation
  • What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

There are no prerequisites to join this course other than holding an FAW certificate that is about to expire or has expired.

• How will I be taught?

This classroom-based course is taught through a combination of practical demonstrations and role play activities. For example you will use Resusci Annie dolls to practise CPR techniques ensuring you use the correct procedure.

• How will I be assessed?

There is a short multiple choice question paper to be completed each day. There will be 2 practical assessments in the form of scenarios/incidents and practical application of CPR. You must attend all 2 days in order to achieve this qualification.

• What qualification will I get?

A three year certificate Level 3 Award in First Aid at Work will be issued, subject to successful assessment.

• What can the course lead to?

You can become a designated first aider in the workplace.

Find your course

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News