Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

First Aid at Work (Onsite) Level 3

This Health & Safety Executive (HSE) approved 3 day course provides an in-depth study of first aid procedures and examines the role of a qualified first aider in the workplace.

This course has roll-on, roll-off beginning and end dates to accommodate demand. Please feel free to enquire about upcoming dates using the button below.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code PL0PA / A0001

How long is the course? 3 days

What time does the course start? 9:00AM

What time does the course end? 5:00PM

When does the course run? 3 week days

How much does the course cost? All Fees £265

Is there a registration fee? Yes

Are concessions available? If you are 19-23 or receiving benefits, please refer to our Fee Concessions Information.

Examining Body NUCO

Is an interview required? No

• What is the course about and how might it benefit me?

This course is for any designated first aider at work or for those considering becoming a designated first aider. Anyone running their own sports clubs, societies, community groups or activity centres as well as personal trainers would be strongly advised to obtain this qualification to comply with the HSE (First Aid) Regulations 1981.You will know what to do in the event of an accident or medical emergency at the work place, including basic principles of first aid, emergency procedures and casualty management.

Day One

• What is First Aid?
    • First Aid in the Workplace
    • Responsibilities of the First Aider
    • Action in an Emergency
    • Primary Assessment
    • Secondary Assessment
    • Breathing and Circulation
    • Principles of Resuscitation
    • Disorders of Respiration
    • Airway Obstruction

Day Two

• Disorders of Circulation
    • Disorders of Consciousness
    • Wounds and Bleeding
    • Incident Management
    • Bites and Stings

Day Three

• Burns and Scalds
    • Bones, Joint and Muscle Injuries
    • Poisoning
    • Foreign Objects
    • Effects of Heat and Cold
    • Recap on Resuscitation Procedures
    • Casualty Management
    • Resuscitation Procedures
    • Incident Management
    • Assessment
  • What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

There are no prerequisites to join this course

• How will I be taught?

This classroom-based course is taught through a combination of practical demonstrations and role play activities. For example you will use Resusci Anne dolls to practise CPR techniques ensuring you use the correct procedure.

• How will I be assessed?

There is a short multiple choice question paper in which you must achieve at least 75% to pass. You must attend all 3 days in order to achieve this qualification. There will be 2 practical assessments in the form of scenarios/incidents and practical application of CPR.

• What qualification will I get?

Successful students receive Health and Safety Executive approved certificates to show that they are qualified to be first aiders in the workplace - valid for the next three years. The HSE sets minimum requirements for the number of people, in any organisation, who must hold this certificate.

• What can the course lead to?

You can become a designated first aider in the workplace.

To Enrol or Enquire

If you are interested in enrolling please login or register to add to basket. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

Find your course

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News