Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

Paediatric First Aid (Onsite) Level 3

This course has been developed for those who are working with children and babies and will be of particular interest to teachers, child-minders, crèche assistants, playgroup personnel and anyone responsible for youth organisations. It is ideal for those who are responsible for the health and welfare of children and babies, and who wish to gain knowledge of emergency procedures and attain a recognised qualification in First Aid.

This course has roll-on, roll-off beginning and end dates to accommodate demand. Please feel free to enquire about upcoming dates using the button below.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code PQ0PI / A0001

How long is the course? 2 days

What time does the course start? 9:00AM

What time does the course end? 5:00PM

When does the course run? Saturday & Sunday

How much does the course cost? All Fees £175

Is there a registration fee? Yes

Are concessions available? If you are 19-23 or receiving benefits, please refer to our Fee Concessions Information.

Examining Body NUCO

Is an interview required? No

• What will I study on this course?

This two-day course satisfies the guidelines and criteria as laid down by the Early Years Foundation Stage (EYFS) and Ofsted.

The course will cover:

• Responsibilities and reporting
    • Assessment of the situation
    • Dealing with an unresponsive casualty
    • Infantile convulsions
    • Control of bleeding and shock
    • Eye injuries
    • Sickle cell anaemia
    • Resuscitation
    • Head injuries
    • Diabetes
    • Foreign bodies
    • Anaphylaxis
    • Heat and cold
    • Fainting
    • Choking
    • Fractures
    • Meningitis
    • Burns
    • Asthma
  • What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

There are no prerequisites to join this course.

• How will I be taught?

This classroom-based course is taught through a combination of practical demonstrations and role play activities. For example you will use Resusci Baby Annie dolls to practise CPR techniques ensuring you use the correct procedure.

• How will I be assessed?

Assessment is ongoing by the instructor in terms of practical skills and there will be a multiple choice question paper to answer in respect of your knowledge.

• What qualification will I get?

A three year certificate Level 2 Award in Paediatric First Aid will be issued, subject to successful assessment.

To Enrol or Enquire

If you are interested in enrolling please login or register to add to basket. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

Find your course

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News