Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

Emergency First Aid at Work (Onsite) Level 2

This is a basic introduction to first aid procedures and what to do in the event of any accident, illness or emergency at work. The course replaces the old First Aid for Appointed Persons qualification.

This course has roll-on, roll-off beginning and end dates to accommodate demand. Please feel free to enquire about upcoming dates using the button below.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code PL0PB / A0001

How long is the course? 1 day

What time does the course start? 9:00AM

What time does the course end? 5:00PM

When does the course run? Monday or Friday

How much does the course cost? All Fees £110

Is there a registration fee? Yes

Are concessions available? If you are 19-23 or receiving benefits, please refer to our Fee Concessions Information.

Examining Body NUCO

Is an interview required? No

• What is the course about and how might it benefit me?

If you wish to gain knowledge of emergency procedures and attain a recognised qualification in first aid this course would be ideal, especially if you work in a small organisation where a nominated person is required to take charge in such situations.

The course is a recommended requirement if you are completing the Certificate in Fitness Instructing (Gym). This course is offered at the College and will gain the basic understanding of:

• What is First Aid?
    • First Aid in the Workplace
    • Responsibilities of the First Aider
    • Action in an Emergency
    • Primary Assessment
    • Secondary Assessment
    • Breathing and Circulation
    • Principles of Resuscitation
    • Disorders of Circulation
    • Airway Obstruction
    • Bleeding Control
  • What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

There are no prerequisites to join this course.

• How will I be taught?

This classroom-based course is taught through a combination of practical demonstrations and role play activities. For example you will use Resusci Annie dolls to practice CPR techniques ensuring you use the correct procedure. A student manual is available to help you understand the theoretical aspects of the course, the cost of which is included in the course fee.

• How will I be assessed?

The teacher will record your progress and provide informal, regular feedback throughout the course along with a multiple choice question paper.

• What qualification will I get?

Successful students receive Health and Safety Executive approved certificates to show that they are qualified to be first aiders in the workplace - valid for the next three years.

• What can the course lead to?

This is an excellent introduction to first aid procedures and will prepare you for further training such as the First Aid at Work course offered at the College.

To Enrol or Enquire

If you are interested in enrolling please login or register to add to basket. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

Find your course

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News