Sport and Travel and Tourism
Richmond upon Thames College has an amazing location for those interested in Sport or Travel and Tourism. We're on the same site as Harlequins and Twickenham Rugby Stadium is a 5 minute walk away. Heathrow Airport is also near by, making the college an attractive option for both travel and sports enthusiasts.
One of the many benefits of the leisure industry is that there are potential opportunities globally and it is relatively easy to get work experience and part time work alongside your qualification to boost your CV.
Typically, careers in Sport are on the rise as people strive for a healthier lifestyle. Jobs within this sector can range from teaching and coaching to physiotherapy and nutrition. Travel and Tourism careers can include jobs as cabin crew, holiday reps and travel agents as well as conference centre managers and marketing professionals. Both sport and travel also lend themselves well to careers in events and event management.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) we offer a variety of study options for Sport and Travel and Tourism from Level 1 to Level 3 and Access to Higher Education options for Sport.
Advantages of studying in the school of Sport and Travel and Tourism at RuTC:
- 92% pass rate for all vocational/technical courses at Level 3 in 2020
- A great range of progression options from Level 1-3
- Established links to employers
- Plenty of work experience opportunities
- Apprenticeship options available
Students are able to progress from Level 1 to Level 3, from Level 3 many of our Sport and Travel and Tourism students progress to university or onto an Apprenticeship, while some choose to enter the workplace.
How to apply
Search our Sport courses
- Sport Level 2
- Sport, Fitness and Personal Training Level 3
- Sports Coaching and Development Level 3
- Travel and Tourism Level 1
- Travel and Tourism Level 2
- Travel and Tourism Level 3