As we progress further into the digital age, STEM (Science, Technology, Engineering and Maths) jobs are in high demand. New Scientist reported in 2019 that the most difficult skillset to recruit for was chemistry and biological sciences. There is a significant demand in these industries, which is why now it’s the perfect time to join one of the fastest growing industries in the world.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) we offer a range of opportunities in this growing area including the traditional A Level route and the more practical BTEC Diploma courses, from Level 1 to Level 3.
Advantages of studying in the school of IT and Science at RuTC:
- 100% pass rate for vocational Applied Science courses at Level 2 and Level 3 in 2020
- A great range of study options from A Levels to BTECs
- Above national average pass rate for Science vocational/technical courses in 2019
- Apprenticeship options available in IT
- Established links to local employers
The majority of Science student will go onto university after their course. Others, will go on to do apprenticeships and some will go straight into employment. Due to our links with employers our students often have opportunities for work experience and industry placements, which helps to enhance their employability. We have strong links with many local employers.
How to apply
Search our Science courses
- Applied Science BTEC Level 2
- Applied Science (Biomedical) BTEC Level 3
- Applied Science (Physical) BTEC Level 3
- Forensic and Criminal Investigation BTEC Level 3
A Level and equivalent subjects
Courses for adults (aged 19+)
Search Careers in Science
Find your course