Free Course for: Anyone who is unemployed and in receipt of benefits aged 19 or over, who has been living in the European Union for the last 3 years.
Civil Service Pre-Employment Programme
Fastrack your way into working for the Government. The Civil Service is hiring over 3,500 employees right now.
It’s time to get to work! The UK Civil Service consists of over 300 departments and agencies. Employing over 400,000 staff across the UK and abroad, across 25 different professions.
There’s a place for anyone who’s motivated and hard working in the Civil Service. Our new programme will get you a foot in the door.
This 10-day course will give you an insight into working for the Government, carefully preparing and directing you through their specific application process.
- 10-day intensive blended learning course
- Nationally accredited
- 100% free
- Engaging in digital learning
- Expert 1-1 support all through the programme
- Achieve a Level 1 Personal Development qualification/Customer Service qualification
Exam Board: IQC
Please note this is a course for adults (19+) and applications can only be accepted by students who are referred to us by the Job Centre.
Course fee information
Why do this course?
- Improve your CV, job application and job interview skills and earn accredited qualifications
- Get an inside understanding of the Civil Service’s recruitment process
- Hear directly from Civil Servants about what it’s like to work for the government
- Following the course you will have additional support, if required and will have a guaranteed mock-interview when applying for the civil service roles through a session with our employer engagement team.
How the course is structured
The Civil Service SBWA consists of an blended-learning Employability course that’s been tailored to giving you a head start in the Civil Service job application process.
Each day you will have live, interactive sessions with our experienced and dynamic Employability tutor: From 9:00am - 12:30pm and 1:30pm - 3:00pm.
Some of the time during these sessions will consist of interactive workshops led by Civil Service employees, as well as independent study.
How to join the course
Find your course