This course is designed to encourage you to develop the personal skills and qualities you will need for work. We will give you the practical experience in the IT applications that are used in a wide range of jobs.
The course is made up of a number of units as listed below. The core unit, which is Improving Productivity Using IT, gathers together all of the skills which will allow you to complete your own mini-project.
The other units are:
- Being Organised (Mandatory) - Developing organisation skills so students are ready to learn and succeed
- Developing a Personal Progression Plan (Mandatory) - Developing a plan for the individual student to ensure success
- Working with Others (Mandatory) - Developing teamwork so students can complete a project as a group
- Researching a Topic (Mandatory) - Undertaking a research project to develop research skills
- Developing Digital Information - Creating marketing materials using IT
- Using Digital Communications - Creating and using digital communication platforms and social media
- Solving Technical IT Problems - Utilising and developing problem solving and IT knowledge to solve common IT problems
- Creating Spreadsheet to Solve Problems - Developing spreadsheets to solve problems in organisations
- Creating Websites - Developing website design skills including coding to create functional websites
- Creating Programs - Developing programming skills to create a functional program/game
The coursework is varied and includes written reports, presentations, preparation of displays and observation of tasks. All lessons take place in well-equipped IT suites where you will be able to work at your own PC to learn new skills and complete the practical work.
We are now including a 'bonus' Learn to Learn qualification which will build up your study skills to help you succeed on this and higher level courses.