Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

AutoCAD Level 3 (Part 2)

This course is an optional add-on to the CAD: AutoCAD Level 3 course. It will teach further skills in 2D computer-aided draughting. It looks at the more advanced features of computer-aided draughting and at the new features of the latest version of Autodesk's AutoCAD.

The main topics that will be covered in the course will be:

• Manipulating objects and data
  • Further dimensioning
  • More reusable content
  • Blocks and attributes
  • Dynamic blocks
  • Isometric drawing
  • Layer management and best practices
  • Layouts and views
  • Further plotting
  • Template drawing creation
  • Introduction to Sheet Sets
  • New features in the latest version

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code VF0PC / B0901

Start Date Tuesday 20 Mar 2018

How long is the course? 4 weeks

What time does the course start? 6:30PM

What time does the course end? 9:30PM

When does the course run? Tuesday

How much does the course cost? Tuition fee £245 Exam fee £110 Certification fee £0 Materials fee £0 = Total fee £355

Are concessions available? If you are 19-23 or receiving benefits, please refer to our Fee Concessions Information.

Examining Body C & G

Is an interview required? Yes

• What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

You must have successfully achieved the Level 3 AutoCAD College Certificate, and have an informal interview with the course tutor.

• How will I be taught?

As well as attending classes, you will need to do some work at home - a minimum of 4 hours each week, ideally, but as much time as possible. The online tutorial is available for use at home, and only a small part of this can be covered in class, so the more that you can practice at home, the better.

• How will I be assessed?

City & Guilds External Exam plus internal examined assessments. You will, however, have constant contact with your tutor throughout the length of the course.

• What qualification will I get?

On successful completion of the course, you will gain a City & Guilds AutoCAD Level 3 qualification.

• What can the course lead to?

This course will continue to build your confidence with CAD, teaching you skills that will improve your efficiency. It will also give you further insight into some of Autodesk's latest AutoCAD software. AutoCAD is used by 80% of companies working in construction and engineering, internationally. This course is also considered to be an important step towards embarking on drawing in 3D.

To Apply or Enquire

If you are interested in applying please fill out an application form. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

apply for apprenticeship vacancies at richmond upon thames college 2016

Find your course

What our students say...

BTEC Engineering

btec level 2 engineering student tells how he as impressed with the engineering department facilities at Richmond upon Thames college open day event

The best equipment

“I came to an Open Event at the college and was really impressed with the engineering department. The facilities are superb and we get to work with all the best equipment. My practical skills have really developed and I’m now confident using things the lathe, clamps and vices as well as with milling and drilling.”

More soundbites

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News