Engineering BTEC Level 1
If you want to learn about the basics of engineering, this course could be the one! It enables you to work towards becoming a technician of the future in all sorts of new technologies and can lead onto level 2 courses. Many of the subjects covered involve practical work which blends with the theory, however it is not a craft course (such as motor vehicle maintenance).
Exam Board: Pearson
STARTS IN SEPTEMBER
More course information
What will I study and learn?
This course can help you take your first steps towards a career in sectors such as manufacturing, automotive, electrical and mechanical engineering. You’ll learn about processes, materials, and how engineering contributes to a sustainable future.
- Developing Skills in Making Engineering Components Using Hand Tools
- Developing Skills in Planning and Making a Machined Product
- Developing Skills in Joining Materials Using Welding
- Developing Skills in Wiring Electrical Circuits and Components
- Developing Skills in Assembling Mechanical Components
How is the course assessed?
This course is assessed through a combination of practical and written assignments.
What courses would combine well with this course?
Depending on your GCSE results, you will study functional skills, English and Maths.
What formal entry requirements will I need?
Minimum Requirements - 4 GCSEs at grade E-F/2-1 including English, Maths and Science at grade 2.
What could the course lead to in higher education or careers?
The course is an ideal preparation for a Level 2 course in Engineering, Applied Science, Computer Science and IT, or Construction. You could also apply for apprenticeships or work in the field.
Are there any costs involved?
Safety boots, clothing and materials will cost £85. A textbook will be approximately £20 if you want to buy your own. There will also be fares for visits.
- AutoCAD Level 3 (Part 1)
- AutoCAD Level 3 (Part 2)
- Electrical and Electronic Engineering BTEC Level 3
- Engineering Design and Draughting Apprenticeship Standard Level 3
- Engineering Project Controls Technician Level 3 Apprenticeship Standard
- Mechanical Engineering BTEC Level 3
- Mechanical Engineering Level 3 - Advanced Apprenticeship
Find your course