Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

Engineering BTEC Level 1 Introductory Diploma

If you want to learn about the basics of engineering, this course could be the one! It enables you to work towards becoming a technician of the future in all sorts of new technologies and can lead onto level 2 courses. Many of the subjects covered involve practical work which blends with the theory, however it is not a craft course (such as motor vehicle maintenance). 

Exam Board: Pearson

STARTS IN SEPTEMBER

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code XA0EQ / 10001

Start Date September

How long is the course? 1 Year(s)

• What will I study and learn?

This course can help you take your first steps towards a career in sectors such as manufacturing, automotive, electrical and mechanical engineering. You’ll learn about processes, materials, and how engineering contributes to a sustainable future.

Units include:

• Manufacturing an Engineered Product Using Hand Tools
    • Manufacturing a Component Using Machining Processes
    • Using a Welding Process to Join Materials
    • Assembling Electronic Circuits
    • Carrying Out Routine Mechanical Servicing of Equipment
    • Carrying Out an Electrical Installation
  • How is the course assessed?

This course is assessed through a combination of practical and written assignments.

• What courses would combine well with this course?

Depending on your GCSE results, you will study functional skills, English and Maths. 

• What formal entry requirements will I need?

You will need:

Maths and English GCSE at a minimum of grade E

• What could the course lead to in higher education or careers?

The course is an ideal preparation for a Level 2 course in engineering, science, computing or construction, apprenticeships or work in the field.

• Are there any costs involved?

Safety boots, clothing and materials will cost £85. A textbook will be approximately £20 if you want to buy your own. There will also be fares for visits.

To Apply or Enquire

If you are interested in applying please fill out an application form. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

apply for apprenticeship vacancies at richmond upon thames college 2016

Find your course

What our students say...

ECTIB Engineering Apprenticeship

ecitb engineering construction and draughting student discusses the positive impact on her career that her course at Richmond upon Thames College London will have

Gaining invaluable skills

“I’m currently in my first year as an ECITB student and everyday I’m gaining invaluable skills that will aid my future career with my employer, Foster Wheeler. The course is taught by professionals who have a deep understanding of the industry and who go above and beyond to ensure our career progression.”

More soundbites

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News