A range of techniques in designing and creating contemporary jewellery pieces, making rings, bangles, pendants, setting unusual materials into copper. Using a wide variety of jewellery making techniques, such as soldering, metal forming, wire wrapping and setting.
Contemporary Jewellery for Beginners
This is a beginners' course which introduces you to contemporary jewellery making. You will learn a range of practical skills in designing and creating jewellery pieces including rings, bangles, earrings and necklaces, using a variety of jewellery making techniques. The course is intended for those who would like to develop jewellery making skills for personal development, just for fun, or to add to a portfolio to help you to progress in a creative field.
What will you study?
How will you be taught?
How is the course assessed?
The teacher will record your progress and provide informal regular feedback throughout the course. At the end of your study, you will be asked to self-assess your own progress and achievement against the expected achievements as outlined above.
Skills and experience you will need for the course
Minimal experience needed.
There are no formal entry requirements for this course, just an interest in art and design.
• The course is mostly practical. You will be encouraged to keep an investigative workbook of the techniques covered.
• You will be based in specialist areas such as our 3D workshops and art and design studios if relevant. Teaching will take the form of practical demonstrations, individual and group workshop activities, presentations and discussions.
The course is designed to help you develop practical skills relating to the demonstrated contemporary jewellery techniques. The skills learned on the course and the work produced can help with the development of an art portfolio and provide a new dimension to your own existing creative practice or as a progression opportunity towards other part-time or full-time creative courses, including the Access to HE Diploma in Art and Design.
tuition fees, loans and classroom costs - £264.00 for 6 weeks, includes basic materials and use of equipment in the workshop.
- Access to HE Art and Design
- Access to HE Creative and Digital Media
- Architecture A Level
- Art and Design (Pre BA) Level 3 Foundation Diploma
- Creative Media (TV, Film and Journalism) UAL Level 3
- Creative Media (Visual Effects, Animation and Games)
- Creative Practice (Art and Design) UAL Level 3
- Film Studies A Level
- Fine Art A Level
- Graphics and Illustration A Level
- Media Studies A Level
Find your course