As the demand for construction workers is on the rise, it has never been a better time to train as our next generation of construction professionals.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC), we teach construction trades in plumbing and carpentry.
What separates us from school is that we teach these subjects from a vocational approach. The majority of teaching is practical and is undertaken in our industry standard workshops, taught by teachers who have worked in the industry they specialise in.
Advantages of studying Construction Crafts at RuTC:
- Workshops equipped with industry certified equipment
- Teachers with vast industry experience and strong trade and professional links
- Work experience opportunities with local organisations
- Good progression to university from engineering courses
- Good progression to apprenticeships from construction courses
Student tend to progress from the Level 1 courses through to the Level 2 and 3. A large number of students go onto apprenticeships and staff here are able to fully support this transition, due to industry links. Other students go straight into the industry, some working for established national and international construction companies and others go onto start their own businesses and work for themselves.
How to apply
Search our Construction Craft courses
- Carpentry and Joinery Level 1
- Carpentry and Joinery – Bench Level 2
- Carpentry and Joinery – Bench Level 3
- Plumbing Level 1
- Plumbing Level 2
Search Careers in Construction Crafts
What our students say...
Find your course