Our New College

Find out more about our brand new college campus that Opens in Spring 2020

Find your perfect course

QUICK LINKS

Carpentry and Joinery (Site) Level 3

Carpenters are responsible for large areas of the construction and craft industry. Site Carpenters create, fix and install larger wooden site structures, such as the internal frames for wooden framed buildings. Site Carpenters will often work on building sites as part of the team tasked with developing new structures from the ground up.

In comparison, Bench Joiners create the more domestic aspects of wood work construction such as windows, doors and fitted cupboards, lay joists and hang doors, for example, which are produced in a workshop. Find out more about Bench Carpentry and Joinery here.

Exam Board: NOCN

STARTS IN SEPTEMBER

Search your career options if you study Carpentry and Joinery - Bench Level 3

• What will I study and learn?

You will make several complex models ranging from storm proof windows, double doors and curved stairs. The course also teaches you sustainability, the Built environment and building management.

• How is the course assessed?

You will be assessed on individual models as well as a practical end test and several online exams.

• What skills will I need for the course?

You will have completed the level 2 qualification in carpentry and joinery - bench.

• What formal entry requirements will I need?

Minimum Requirements - Level 2 qualification in Bench Joinery and GCSE English and Maths at grade 4 or Level 2 Functional Skills.

• What could the course lead to in higher education or careers?

An apprenticeship or management course.

• Are there any costs involved?

You will need Safety boots and a workshop apron. This should not exceed £50.

Find your course

What our students say...

What Our Students Say 2021 Engineering Mohamed

Mohamed Engineering Poster Case Studies 20219

Latest News