Our New College

Find out more about our brand new college campus that Opens in Spring 2020

Find your perfect course



Apprenticeships Update

The Government is committed to achieving 3 million apprenticeship starts by summer 2020. In order to do this and increase the quality of apprenticeship training it is putting control of funding in the hands of employers. The new funding system will apply to all apprenticeship starts from 1st May 2017. Apprenticeship programmes are in one of 15 funding bands with maximum caps ranging from £1,500 to £27,000. The funding is to pay for both training and end point assessment and is paid to the training provider/college. The Government will pay 90% of the cost for non-levy paying employers and employers will be invoiced for the remaining 10%. Employers will be paid an extra £1000 for each 16-18 year old recruited and small (under 50 employees) employers who recruit a 16-18 year old will additionally have 100% of the training and assessment funded. Calculate the Levy you will pay using the Government's calculator.

It's business as usual at Richmond upon Thames College and we’re looking forward to continuing our work with all employers to help them recruit and train apprentices.

Partner with us to employ an apprenticeemploy an apprentice training at the top college in london richmond and surrey benefits 3

Training Solutions is the employer training arm of Richmond upon Thames College. We work with employers around London to help them to meet their skills requirements, employ and assess apprentices and develop their staff. With a growing Apprenticeship arm, we are your local solution to better productivity and output.

Partner with us to offer bright and talented students an Apprenticeship. Recruiting apprentices adds extra support to your business and positively impacts the future careers of young people and the economy as a whole. Find out more about our Apprenticeship schemes in Arts & Media, Business, Construction, Education & Training, Engineering, Information & Communication Technology, Leisure.
training solutions logos Richmond upon Thames College apprenticeships

We’re available to advise and support you on Government Legislation and can help businesses subject to the apprenticeship levy which comes into force in April 2017.

Richmond upon Thames College is one of the best colleges in London, located in Twickenham with easy access to Central London and Surrey. The college has a long-standing good reputation with the local community and an exciting future ahead with its new campus redevelopment plans.

RuTC Ofsted GOOD website graphics overall effectiveness

Leaders and managers work very closely with local employers and the community to ensure that apprenticeship programmes meet employers’ needs very well.

Apprentices receive good on and off the job training. They take part in highly relevant tasks designed to teach them valuable techniques and processes that they can apply effectively in the workplace.

Apprentices develop good industry skills and demonstrate the expected behaviours required for their sectors.

Employers benefit from the skills and confidence apprentices develop on their programme. Ofsted 2017

Employer Wire: Your RuTC Email Newsletter

Click here to view past editions of RuTC Employer Wire.

RuTC Apprenticeships rated officially good employer

Latest News