Our New College

Find out more about our brand new college campus that Opens in Spring 2020

Find your perfect course


Money Matters


Tuition fee loans – no upfront costs

Richmond upon Thames College is committed to making higher education as affordable as possible. You can find details of the fees for each course on each specific course information page. You will not be required to pay any tuition fees upfront or until after graduation and earning at least £21,000 per year. Tuition fee loans will be available to cover the full cost of tuition, regardless of household income, and this will be paid directly to the College by the Student Loans Company. No matter how much you owe, you only pay back according to how much you earn above £21,000. You will repay just 9% of anything you earn above £21,000. For example if you are earning £25,000 you will repay just £30 per month. Any monies left outstanding after 30 years will be written off.

As a part-time student you are also eligible for a tuition fee loan if you are completing a minimum of 25% of the equivalent full-time course load each year. We can advise you about this. You will start to repay your loan in the year after you finish studying or after three years from the start of your course, whichever is earlier if you are earning more than £21,000.

Funding for living costs

You will be able to apply for loans for living costs of up to £7,751 if living away from home in London. These loans will only be paid back when you are working and earning over £21,000 per year. You will repay just 9% of anything you earn above £21,000. There are also non-repayable grants available for living costs. If your household income is less than £25,000 per year you will be entitled to a full maintenance grant of £3,354 per year. If your household income is between £25,000 and £42,600 you will be entitled to a partial maintenance grant. There is additional non-repayable help from the Government such as a Parents' Learning Allowance and Childcare Grant, for those with children.

Disabled Students' Allowance

Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs) provide extra financial help for disabled students. You may get DSAs if you have a disability, ongoing health condition, mental health condition or specific learning difficulty like dyslexia. For more information on what's available and how to apply visit Disabled Students' Allowances (DSAs)

When do I have to pay my fees?

You should pay your fees when you enrol. If someone else is paying, for example your employer, please bring a letter from them confirming that they will pay your fees. If you are applying for a student loan to cover your fees please ensure that that this is in place in time for enrolment. Please bring your letter from Student Finance with you. Fees are invoiced every year, for example if you are enrolled on a two year course you will be invoiced at the start of the second year.

How can I pay?

  • In person at the Finance Office – cash, debit or cheque payable to Richmond upon Thames College
  • By phone, please call 020 8607 8000

What will I have to pay?

  • Tuition fees: a direct contribution towards the cost of your tuition.
  • External validating body fees/exam fees.
  • Resources fees: paid by all students to cover the cost of consumables and materials on specific courses.

Can I pay my fees by instalments?

The College expects all students to pay in full at enrolment. However, there are some payment options available for students if they are unable to pay in full.

Find your course

Latest News