Centre assessment grades and rank orders
Richmond upon Thames College has submitted provisional (centre assessment) grades and rank orders to the relevant awarding body in accordance with the Ofqual guidance on Awarding qualifications in summer 2020 and in line with the awarding body instructions.
For the reason of fairness, awarding bodies are putting these grades through a standardisation process to ensure grading standards are consistent across all centres. The rank order of candidates will not be changed but the final grades candidates receive may be different to the centre assessment grade.
On candidate statements of results (results slips) and certificates, final grades will be reported in the same way as in previous years. Final grades will be issued on results day(s) in August as follows:
||GCE (AS, A Levels) and other Level 3 Qualifications
||GCSE and other Level 1/2 qualifications
Concerns about your results
At results time, Ofqual will be providing information for students that sets out how their grades were calculated this year and the options available if they believe their result was not properly produced, including access to appeal.
The National Careers Service Exam Results Helpline offers advice each year for students who have not received the results they had hoped for. Ofqual will also make a helpline available to students and their parents or carers to talk about the appeals process and any other questions they may have about their results this summer.
Awarding bodies will also likely provide information for students about results. Richmond upon Thames College will signpost you to any relevant information at results time.
If you have a concern about a grade you have been awarded, you can ask Richmond upon Thames College to:
Arrangements for appeals
The arrangements for awarding qualifications in summer 2020 state:
Candidates can appeal their grades through their centre if they feel the process this summer was not followed correctly in their case.
A candidate can:
- ask their centre to appeal on their behalf to an awarding body if there is evidence that leads a candidate to believe:
- the centre made an error when submitting a centre assessment grade or rank order information
- an awarding body made a mistake when calculating, assigning or communicating a grade
- appeal against the centre’s decision
- not to seek any information the awarding body holds that would be needed for an appeal;
- not to appeal to the awarding body
A candidate cannot:
- appeal against their centre assessment grades and position in the rank order
- appeal in respect of the process or procedure used by Richmond upon Thames College in calculating their centre assessment grades and position in the rank order
- appeal directly in any respect to the awarding body
Certificates, when received from the awarding body, will be issued to candidates on specific prearranged collection days. All learners will be informed of the dates and information will be displayed on the college’s website and Social Media.