Sports Academies - About Us
Richmond upon Thames College's sports academies are aimed at athletes looking to achieve a high level of performance alongside their course. Each academy provides students with the opportunity to receive quality training and the chance to compete in various leagues and tournaments.
All sports academy coaches work closely with RuTC curriculum staff to ensure each student gets the most out of their studies whilst undertaking sports academy commitments.
Alongside academy training, students can also access RuTC's coach education programme, which advertises and organises a variety of qualification courses in conjunction with a number of national governing bodies.
We currently run the following academies:
- Basketball (for Men)
- Football Development Squads (for Men/Women)
- Netball (Women)
- Rugby (Men)
- Identify students with outstanding abilities and place them in an environment designed to produce educational excellence
- Encourage students to maintain their academic interest
- Engage students to achieve the best they can, in the classroom and in the sporting arena
- Provide opportunities for students to continue playing sport competitively upon leaving school
- Develop exit pathways to encourage further participation
- Develop a culture in which students behave with dignity, professionalism and respect
- Provide lifelong learning experiences through teamwork, discipline and co-operation
- All academy members are treated equally and fairly to ensure they aspire to their full potential on and off the playing field
- The curriculum will be flexible around the needs of the students as they progress throughout the season
- Our qualified coaches will go through a rigorous quality assured process to ensure the highest quality coaching experience
- A culture of improvement and personal development will drive the sports academy provision
- Access to all sports facilities
- Access to coached sessions
- Fitness testing and sports performance
- Access to strength and condition training
- Regular, formal progress reviews with action planning
- Bespoke sports academy kit
Students will be required to sign a formal agreement outlining their commitment to the college and the college's commitment to them. The cost of being an Academy member varies, but is likely to be between £50 to £150.
Why Choose Us?
Find your course