Results Day 2017: Thursday 17 August
On Thursday 17 August 2017, AS/A2 students will receive their exam results via their student email. Results will also be available to collect from the college. On the same day, any university offers will be confirmed or declined.
- Check UCAS Track to see whether your 'Firm Choice' has been changed to 'Unconditional Firm'. If your choice has been confirmed, you will receive further information from your university about enrolment over the course of September.
- On the day, do not panic if UCAS Track has not been updated. There may be a technical problem. To check the status of your application, call the university's Admissions Office.
- If you do not get into your 'Firm Choice', your application will pass to your 'Insurance Choice'.
- If you do not get into your 'Firm Choice' or your 'Insurance Choice', you will automatically be placed into the Clearing system.
- Make sure you check your email and post regularly for correspondence from your university, UCAS or Student Finance England.
Universities with places still available will offer these places through the Clearing system. You can only use the Clearing system if you do not have a confirmed place at a university. If you no longer wish to go to your original choice of university, you will need to call them and request to be 'released' from their offer.
Below are some useful Clearing guidelines.
- Make a list of all the courses that you would like to apply for through Clearing, so that you can make a sensible decision
- Take a look at UCAS to browse any places available through Clearing
- To enquire about places available, call the university's Clearing Helpline
- When calling a Clearing Helpline, make sure you have the title and code of the course you are interested in to hand, as well as your final grades and your UCAS Clearing ID number (found on UCAS Track)
- Remember that universities' entry requirements still apply, so make sure you contact universities where you can be reasonably confident of being considered, based on your results.
- If you declined an offer from a university or college earlier in the year, you can contact them again to see if they will accept you in Clearing, either for the same course or another one.
- If a university offers you a provisional place over the phone and you wish to apply for it, remember to add the course choice in to UCAS Track by clicking on the 'Add Clearing Choice' button and entering the course's details. You can only enter details for one choice, so make sure the university or college have provisionally offered you a place, and that you wish to accept it, before doing so.
- Confirmation of your place will be shown on UCAS Track, and UCAS will then send you a confirmation letter to let you know your place is confirmed. If you are not accepted, the 'Add Clearing Choice' link in UCAS Track will be reactivated to allow you to apply for another choice through Clearing.
If you have succeeded in gaining higher grades than those required by your 'Firm Offer', you can approach other universities to see if you would be considered for an alternative place. If you do this, you will not lose your original offer. Adjustment does not apply if you only received your 'Insurance Choice'.
You have five days to approach other universities through UCAS Adjustment after you receive your results. Not all universities will offer courses through Adjustment as the more competitive places will already be full. UCAS Track will indicate whether you can use Adjustment. You will be able to log in to UCAS Adjustment via UCAS Track.
Taking a gap year?
If you decide to apply for university after you have left college, you can approach your tutor to provide a reference for you.
No progression plans?
No progression plans? Try to make an appointment with the Careers Centre before leaving college.
Click here to read about Richmond upon Thames College students' results from August 2016.
Why Choose Us?
Find your course