Free College Meals
Who can apply?
To apply for free college meals you must:
- Be enrolled on a course which is fully funded by the ESFA (12 hours per week or more)
- Be aged 16 to 18 on 1 September at the beginning of the college year
- Be aged 19+ and have an EHCP
- Students or their parents/guardians should be in receipt of one or more of the following benefits:
- Income Support
- Income-based Job Seeker's Allowance (JSA)
- Income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
- Support under Part VI of the Immigration and Asylum Act 1999
- The guaranteed element of State Pension Credit Child Tax Credit (provided they are not entitled to Working Tax Credit) and have an annual gross income of no more than £16,190
- Universal Credit with net earnings not exceeding the equivalent of £7,400 per annum
Bursary college meals
Please note: if you are not entitled to free college meals as stated above, you may still be eligible for a daily bursary allowance towards your food and drink.
- Evidence MUST be provided by the applicant together with their application.
- Incomplete applications will not be processed.
Everything you need to know
Find your course