Become part of our warm and nurturing supported learning family
Richmond upon Thames College has one of the best college Supported Learning programmes. An entire area of the college is dedicated to students with special educational needs, with a large number of trained support staff who are friendly and committed to each individual student. Students have the opportunity of working in our cafe and student shop, being a part of frequent fundraising activities, making great friends and learning in practical and engaging ways.
In Autumn 2017, our department was shortlisted for an Association of Colleges (AoC) Beacon Award.
The options available to supported learning students are:
- Skillwise for young people with severe learning difficulties and disabilities (Entry Level 1) >> Click here
- Life Skills Programmes >> Click here
- Life Skills A: first year students with moderate learning difficulties and/or disabilities (Entry Level 1)
- Life Skills B: first or second year ytudents with more complex learning needs/disabilities (Entry Levels 1-2)
- Life Skills C: usually second year students with moderate learning difficulties but more independence (Entry Level 3)
- Award in Progression (Level 1) >> Click here
- Adult Independent Living (Entry Level 3) >> Click here
Supported Learning students have access to wheelchair basketball, cricket, football & dance and are well integrated into and supported by the college community.
Richmond upon Thames College is one of the best colleges in London, offering a vibrant student life, great links to industry, dedicated teaching, a vast range of art workshops, studios and equipment and easy transport links to London and Surrey.
What our students say...
Find your course