We will support you to develop your academic and professional skills through training which consists of technical and tactical development, strength and conditioning along with looking to improve player game intelligence. Football training & development and education will take place in Richmond & at AFC Wimbledon in Plough lane.
Experienced and well qualified staff at RUTC & AFC Wimbledon will ensure that player development is paramount and that an effective learning environment is provided to allow players to be a success both on the field and in the classroom.
Support staff include strength and conditioning as well as sports therapy to ensure that players are in the best physical condition to compete in all aspects of the Elite Development Programme.
You will have opportunities to meet & train with AFC Wimbledon key staff including players and coaching staff.
As part of your studies, you will have 1080 guided learning hours over 2 years. This is equivalent to 3 A levels. You will study 14 units of which 10 are mandatory and 4 are external.
Mandatory content (78%)
External assessment (42%)
Some of the units you will study include:
1. Anatomy and Physiology
2. Fitness Training and Programming for Health, Sport and Well-being
3. Professional Development in the Sports Industry
4. Sports Leadership
5. Application of Fitness Testing
6. Sports Psychology
7. Practical Sports Performance
8. Coaching for Performance
9. Research Methods in Sport
10. Investigating Business in Sport and the Active Leisure Industry
11. Development and Provision of Sport and Physical Activity
12. Skill Acquisition in Sport