Over the year you will be studying eleven vocational units:
- Taking part in sport
- Physical activities for children
- Assisting a leader of sport or leisure activities to plan and deliver an activity
- Working in a team
- Taking part in exercise and fitness activities
- How the body works
- Planning own fitness programme
- Working in sport and active leisure
- Job opportunities in sport and active leisure
- Preparing for work placement
- Learning from work placement
You will be working individually and as part of a group. Lectures are normally classroom based. Sports-based work placements are a feature of this programme.
You will have the opportunity to participate in a wide range of sports activities at the college in your free time.