Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

Access to HE Diploma Midwifery

The Access to Higher Education Diploma in Midwifery is designed for those who would like to progress to a Higher Education programme in the field of healthcare, in particular midwifery. It would also be suitable for progression to a degree programme at university for other allied health professions.

NB: You must be 19 or over to apply for an Access to HE course.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code 19-FL3AC-MID-1

Start Date Wednesday 25 Sep 2019

How long is the course? 32 weeks

What time does the course start? TBC

What time does the course end? TBC

When does the course run? Wed to Fri (inc Wed evening till 9pm)

How much does the course cost? Tuition fee £2,922 Exam fee £0 Certification fee £100 = Total fee £

Is this course eligible for an Advanced Learner Loan? Yes

Is there a registration fee? Yes

Are concessions available? No

Examining Body OCNLR

Is an interview required? Yes

• What qualification or experience do I need to start the course?

You will need to hold either a GCSE (or equivalent) in either English or Maths at grade C or above (English is desirable). If you do not already have a grade C (or current grade 4) or above in these qualifications, you are able to study one of them alongside the timetabled ‘Access’ program of teaching, but please speak to us about the best route for you and how best we can support you.

Please note that is a very demanding course, which is equivalent to an A-Level programme, so you will need to have a good level of literacy and numeracy (GCSE grade A-C/grade 9-4) in order to succeed.

• How will I be taught?

You will learn about your subjects in a variety of ways, including; group work, independent research, classroom discussions, visits, external speakers and live projects. You will expand both your technical and creative skills, through practical projects and you will also be encouraged to develop your study skills, including; research, analysis and presentations etc. You will have access to classroom-based activities and computer rooms.

• How will I be assessed?

Your work will be assessed formally (summative) and informally (formative), on a regular and on-going basis. You will receive regular feedback from your tutors about your progress and given further guidance and support in order to completed work to the best of your ability. The assessment procedures vary from module to module and will depend on the subject content. It will include; essays, projects, tests and practical work.

• What qualification will I get?

On successful completion of the course you will achieve a Higher Education Diploma in Access to midwifery, totaling 60 credits.

• What will this course lead to?

An access qualification is recognised by Universities and other institutions providing Higher Education courses as an entry requirement. The successful completion of the course will enable you to apply to Higher Education to study for a degree or professional qualification within Midwifery, Nursing and allied Health professions. We will support you through the UCAS process and guide you towards selecting the appropriate course for you.

• How do I join the course?

Please complete and submit an application by clicking the 'apply' button at the top of the page. After submitting an application form, you will have an initial assessment to assess your suitability for the course. If successful, you will be invited to attend an interview. During the interview, you will be required to show evidence of; relevant skills, experience and qualifications as well as a strong commitment to study.

Find your course

Latest News