The UK’s creative industries contributed over £100 billion to the economy in 2017. This is over a 50% increase since 2010 and means the sector makes up for 5.5% of the UK’s economy in total, according to the Creative Industries Federation.
If you have a passion for creativity and want to learn and strengthen your skills surrounded by others who share your passion, then you are in the right place.
Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) is the go-to place to strengthen and develop your skills in media. Whether you want to explore your career as an animator or vistal effects (VFX) artist, games designer or work in the TV or film industry, RuTC has a course for you.
We offer a range of opportunities in this growing area including the traditional A Level route and the more practical UAL Diplomas.
Advantages of studying in the School of Creatiive Arts and Media:
- Over 95% pass rate for all UAL Diplomas in 2019 (includes art, media and performing arts)
- 100% A Level pass rate in 2019 for Architecture, Media Studies and Film Studies
- A great range of study options from A Levels to UAL (University of the Arts London) Diplomas
- Established links to local and national employers
As our Media courses start from a Level 1 and students have the opportunity to progress to Level 3. Many of our students progress to university after successfully completing an A Level programme or a Level 3 UAL Diploma. Due to our links with local businesses, some students also progress to apprenticeships and traineeships. Click here for more information on our Apprenticeships.
How to apply
Simply head to the course page of the subject that you want to study and click the apply button. If you’re applying for A Levels, you only need to apply for one subject for now, you will be asked to select your 3-4 subject choices at your interview.
Search our Media courses
- Art, Design and Media Level 1
- Creative Media (Production and Technology) Level 2
- Creative Media Production and Technology (Moving Image) Level 3
- Creative Media Production and Technology (Visual Effects, Animation and Games) Level 3
A Level and equivalent subjects
Search Careers in Media
Find your course