Health and Social Care and Early Years
If you have the passion and drive to help others, then a career in Health and Social Care or Early Years (Childcare) is the perfect route for you.
There is always a demand for workers in both the Health and Social Care as well as Early Years sectors and the range of employment opportunities is vast, including; nursing, midwifery, paramedics, dentistry, allied health professionals, social workers, carers, youth workers, teachers, nursery staff – to name a few!
Our teachers have a vast knowledge and experience of working in these sectors and teach and train our students to the standard required for entry into the workplace and higher education.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) we offer a range of levels in Health and Social Care and Early Years that can enable students to progress all the way to university with us.
Advantages of studying in the school of Heath and Social Care and Early Years at RuTC:
- 100% pass rate for Health and Social Care at Level 2 and Level 3 in 2020
- 92% pass rate for all vocational/technical courses at Level 3 in 2020
- Experienced teachers from the industry with a wealth of skills and knowledge
- All students take part in industry placements to prepare them for the workplace
- Apprenticeship options available
- Established links to local employers including care homes, the NHS, nurseries and youth clubs
Due to the nature of Health and Social Care and Early Years courses, students will receive work experience within industry placements. This experience and the training they receive from our staff puts our students in a really good position for progressing to further study with higher education or an apprenticeship. Students will also be able to go straight into the workplace. Students studying Early Years also have the option to continue their Early Years study with us up to a level 5 qualification, as we offer a Foundation Degree affiliated with Kingston University.
How to apply
Search our Health and Social Care and Early Years Courses
- Skills for Vocational Studies Level 1
- Caring for Children Level 1
- Introducing Caring for Children and Young People Level 2
- Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) Level 3
- Health and Social Care Level 2
- Health and Social Care Level 3
Courses for Adults (aged 19+)
- Access to HE Diploma Health and Social Care Level 3
- Early Years Educator (Workforce) Certificate Level 2
- Early Years Educator (Workforce) Diploma Level 3
- Early Years Foundation Degree Level 5
Search Careers in Early Years (Childcare)
Search Careers in Health and Social Care
What our students say...
Find your course