Our New College

Find out more about our brand new college campus that Opens in Spring 2020

Find your perfect course

QUICK LINKS

Construction and Built Environment Level 2

Construction and Built Environment is ideal if you are looking for a career in construction management. The course will provide you with the foundations necessary to start your career in this industry that is in need of skilled experts.

Construction is a wide-ranging profession with many disciplines in the industry.

This course offers an insight into the construction industry ranging from construction technology, design, sustainability, scientific principals of construction, drawing techniques and an insight into principles of construction craft including carpentry, plumbing and electrical.

Exam Board: Pearson

STARTS IN SEPTEMBER

Search your university and career options if you study Construction and Built Environment Level 2
  • What will I study and learn?

You will study a range of units that covers the Science behind planning and creating a building. This includes:

• Construction Technology
    • Construction and Design
    • Scientific and Mathematical Applications for Construction
    • Sustainability in Construction
    • Construction processes and operations
    • Construction Drawing Techniques
    • Exploring Carpentry and Joinery Principles and Techniques
    • Exploring Plumbing Principles and Techniques
    • Explore Electrical Principals and Techniques
    • The Construction Industry
    • Carpentry and Joining operations
    • Plumbing Operations
  • How is the course assessed?

Construction Technology and Sustainability of construction are both assessed by paper based examination. Each exam takes place over 1 hour and 15 minutes. The rest of the units are internally assessed using a range of methods. Or each unit you will be awarded either Pass, Merit or Distinction.

• What skills will I need for the course?

You will be prepared to take a hands on approach to your studies and be prepared to meet the challenge of Mathematical problems. You will be creative and express your ideas wel

• What formal entry requirements will I need?

Minimum requirements - 5 GCSEs at grade D/3 including English, Maths and Science.

• What are my progression options?

You can progress to a Level 3 Extended Diploma Building Service Engineering, or Plumbing Level 1 or 2.

• Are there any costs involved?

No.

Find your course

What our students say...

What Our Students Say 2019 Engineering Sebastian

Engineering Posters Case Studies 2019 Sebastian

Latest News