Early Years (Childcare)
If you are good with children and you like the idea of helping to shape the minds and lives of our future generations then a career in Early Years, also known and Childcare, could be for you.
Qualified Early Years practitioners could go on to work in nurseries and schools, as teachers, teaching assistants and support staff. It is an extremely rewarding industry to work in.
Our teachers have a vast knowledge and experience of working in these sectors and teach and train our students to the standard required for entry into the workplace and higher education.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) we offer a range of levels in Early Years that can enable students to progress all the way to university with us.
Advantages of studying in the school of Early Years at RuTC:
- Over 90% pass rate for Early Years courses in 2019
- Experienced teachers from the industry with a wealth of skills and knowledge
- All students take part in industry placements to prepare them for the workplace
- Apprenticeship options available
- Established links to local employers including nurseries and schools.
Due to the nature of Early Years courses, students will receive work experience within industry placements. This experience and the training they receive from our staff puts our students in a really good position for progressing to further study with higher education or an apprenticeship.
Students will also be able to go straight into the workplace. Students studying Early Years also have the option to continue their Early Years study with us up to a level 5 qualification, as we offer a Foundation Degree affiliated with Kingston University.
How to apply
Simply head to the course page of the subject that you want to study and click the apply button. If you have any questions about applying or your application, please contact our Admissions department:
T: 020 8607 8302
Search and apply for our Early Years Courses
- Caring for Children Level 1
- Childcare Level 2
- Childcare and Education Level 3Childcare and Education Level 3
Courses for Adults (aged 19+)
- Early Years Educator (Workforce) Certificate Level 2
- Early Years Educator (Workforce) Diploma Level 3
- Early Years Foundation Degree Level 4/5Early Years Foundation Degree Level 4/5
Search Careers in Health and Social Care
What our students say...
Find your course