This qualification will help you develop sound practical skills and background knowledge in bench joinery, building on your skills from the level 2 diploma.
You will cover knowledge in three core subject areas:
- Health, safety and welfare
- Technical information, quantities and communication
- Construction industry and built environment
You will also learn key practical skills and knowledge, giving you the skills to:
- Set up and operate woodworking machinery to create curved work
- Manufacture shaped joinery products
- Set and mark out for shaped joinery products
You will learn to work with different materials, using hand and power tools. All these activities will be carried out to working standards while complying with health and safety regulations.