The qualification is the first year of a 2 year qualification where you will study a range of ruins that will allow you to develop the skills to build and programme your own robot.
The units you will study include;
- Mathematics for Engineers
- Science for Engineering
- Automation Control and Robotics
- Electrical, Mechanical, Hydraulic and Pneumatic Control
- Systems and Programming
- Computer Aided Design (CAD)
- Materials Science
- Inspection and Testing
- Electrical and Electronic Design
This will be delivered by our team of experts in Science, Computing and Engineering. The course will be practically based so you can really develop your skills
The mandatory units are:
- Communication and employability skills for IT – The aim of this unit is to ensure that you understand both the personal qualities valued by employers and how to communicate effectively.
- Computer systems – At some stage most IT professionals will have to set up and customise a computer system or systems. To do this effectively they will need to understand the components that make up computer systems and how the operating system interacts with the hardware and software components, in order to make a functioning machine. The aim of this unit is to enable you to understand the components of computer systems and develop the skills needed to recommend the right systems for a business and then set up and maintain computer systems.
- Information systems – Information systems are combinations of software, hardware and communication networks, used to collect, organise and distribute useful information within organisations. The availability of reliable information, presented in an appropriate format, is the basis for good decision making, which can give a business an advantage over its rivals.
The aim of this unit is to ensure that you understand how organisations use information and the surrounding use of information, know about information systems and develop the skills necessary to produce management information.
Optional units could include:
- Developing computer games
- Systems analysis and design
- Project planning with IT
- Database design
- Computer animation
- Digital graphics
- Website production
- Computer systems architecture
- Object oriented programming
- Computer networks
- Software development and design
- Installing and upgrading software
- Communication technologies
- Human computer interaction