Early Years (Childcare)
If you have the passion and drive to help, teach and transform the lives of children, then Early Years (Childcare) is the perfect route for you.
There is always a demand for workers in the early years sector and the range of employment opportunities is vast, including; social workers, carers, youth workers, teachers and nursery staff.
Our teachers have a vast knowledge and experience of working in these sectors and teach and train our students to the standard required for entry into the workplace and higher education.
At Richmond upon Thames College (RuTC) we offer a range of levels in Early Years that can enable students to progress all the way to university with us.
Advantages of studying in the school of Heath and Social Care and Early Years at RuTC:
- Over 90% pass rate for all Health and Social Care and Early Years courses in 2019
- Experienced teachers from the industry with a wealth of skills and knowledge
- All students take part in industry placements to prepare them for the workplace
- Apprenticeship options available
- Established links to local employers including nurseries and youth clubs
Due to the nature of Early Years courses, students will receive work experience within industry placements. This experience and the training they receive from our staff puts our students in a really good position for progressing to further study with higher education or an apprenticeship. Students will also be able to go straight into the workplace. Students studying Early Years also have the option to continue their Early Years study with us up to a level 5 qualification, as we offer a Foundation Degree affiliated with Kingston University.
How to apply
Search our Early Years Courses
- Caring for Children Level 1
- Introducing Caring for Children and Young People Level 2
- Childcare and Education (Early Years Educator) Level 3
Courses for Adults (aged 19+)
- Early Years Educator (Workforce) Certificate Level 2
- Early Years Educator (Workforce) Diploma Level 3
- Early Years Foundation Degree Level 5
Search Careers in Early Years (Childcare)
What our students say...
Find your course