Food Safety in Catering Level 2

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code NE0EB / 10001

How long is the course? 1 day

What time does the course start? 9:00AM

What time does the course end? 5:00PM

When does the course run? TBC

How much does the course cost? All Fees £65

• Who is the course for and am I qualified to join it?

Designed for anyone working in a catering, manufacturing or retail setting where food is prepared, cooked and handled, the course gives you a basic awareness of good hygiene and safety issues and meets food industry recommendations. You need no prior qualifications to study the course.

• What will the course cover?

Working in a kitchen, you need to understand how to handle food hygienically, and how to comply with the law. This course will teach you to understand the principles of preparing and storing food safely, as well as how to clean up afterwards.

• What will I be able to do as a result of the course?
    • You should understand the problems and hazards in the kitchen and the health and safety laws that you must comply with
    • You will know about temperatures - how hot does the oven have to be, or how cold does a fridge or freezer have to be to cook or store food effectively
    • You should understand when it is safe to re-heat food and how to handle hot food
    • You will be able to ensure that your equipment and environment are clean

It should also help you to get a job in the catering industry.

• How will I be taught?

A combination of presentation, exercises and team activities.

• How will I know I am progressing and how is the course assessed?

The teacher will record your progress and provide informal, regular feedback throughout the day. At the end of the course you will be asked to self-assess your own progress and achievement against the expected achievements as outlined above.

At the end of the day you will sit a multiple choice test

• Will I have the chance to give my views on the course?

You will have constant contact with your teacher throughout the day and there will be an opportunity to evaluate your course at the end.

To Apply or Enquire

If you are interested in applying please fill out an application form. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

apply for apprenticeship vacancies at richmond upon thames college 2016

What our students say...

NVQ Professional Cookery

NVQ level 1 professional cookery student loves the environment in Richmond upon Thames Colleges training kitchen at the campus near Chiswick

Always learning something

“I came to the college after seeing the facilities online and loved the fact that the college had its own restaurant to train in. My knife skills have really improved, as has my knowledge of ingredients and how to present food to a professional standard. The college environment really suits me compared to school and I’m learning something new and interesting in every lesson.”

More soundbites

Find your course

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News