Find your perfect course

Find the courses that are right for you

Help and Advice

QUICK LINKS

Business Administration Advanced (Level 3) Apprenticeship

An apprenticeship offers you the chance to earn a wage while you are employed and learning the practical skills required for the job. Once employment is secured, you will be trained ‘on the job’ and given the opportunity to develop your business administration skills.

This course has roll-on, roll-off beginning and end dates to accommodate demand. Please feel free to enquire about upcoming dates using the button below.

• Course details, fees and dates

Course Code AB0EA / 10001

How long is the course? 12 months

Examining Body OCR

Is an interview required? Yes

• Who is this course for?

This apprenticeship is aimed at students aged 16 and over who would like to pursue a technical career and gain a formal qualification. The apprenticeship recognises that employment in a Business Administration role involves a wide range of tasks and activities, such as communicating and working within a team.

Any employment is challenging and an apprenticeship carries the extra demands of gaining your qualifications and being willing to continually update your knowledge and understanding and develop your skills. You will need to be conscientious, mature, reliable, self-motivated, committed and enthusiastic.

Advanced apprentices may work in roles such as administration executives/officers, administration team leaders, personal assistants and secretaries, including legal or medical secretaries.

• Am I qualified to join the course?

Progression into this advanced apprenticeship may be from a wide number of routes due to the varying backgrounds and past academic and work related experiences of apprentices.

Such routes will including having:

• Achieved a Level 2 Intermediate Apprenticeship in Business Administration
    • Achieved QCF Awards, Certificates or Diplomas
    • Achieved a (14 - 19) Foundation or Higher Diploma
    • Achieved GCSEs or A Levels

Learners may also progress into the advanced apprenticeship without prior qualifications. Most learners progressing into the Business Administration Advanced Apprenticeship have some prior experience in a business or administration job role, although this is not a formal requirement. Learners who do not have any prior experience in a business or administration job role may be better suited to the Business Administration Intermediate Apprenticeship, although all individuals should be judged on their own merits, experiences and capabilities.

• What will the course cover?
    • Level 3 Diploma in Business Administration
    • Employee Rights and Responsibilities – you will learn about your rights and responsibilities in the workplace. This will cover things such as health and safety, contract of employment and hours of work
    • Personal Learning and Thinking Skills (PLTS)
  • What will I be able to do as a result of the course?
    • Apply the principles of business communication and information
    • Understand the principles of administration and business
    • Contribute to the improvement of business performance
    • Contribute to the development and implementation of an information system
    • Monitor information systems
    • Negotiate in a business environment
  • How will I be taught?

Apprenticeships are achieved through a blended learning approach, incorporating taught sessions, workplace learning and assessments. Each unit will be continually assessed. Most of an apprentice’s training is performed in the work place on the job but there will also be the need to complete off-the-job training within college by day release. You will receive one-to-one support, group teaching and advice from our team of qualified assessors and advisers.

• How will I know I am progressing and how is the course assessed?

You will be allocated an assessor whose role it is to evaluate your competency. When your assessor is satisfied that you have met all of the requirements for a unit they will confirm this by signing an evidence record sheet to show that the assessment is complete. The assessor will visit you in your work place on a regular basis. The apprenticeship is assessed by continuous assessment of practical, written and oral work, online testing, assessment in the workplace and through the production of a portfolio of work.

• Will I have chance to get my own views across?

You will have consistent contact with your assessor throughout the course. In addition, quarterly reviews with your assessor and workplace supervisor will you the opportunity to provide feedback on any aspect of the course. At the end of the course you will have the opportunity to evaluate your course by completing a questionnaire.

• What can the course lead to?

• The Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship in Business & Professional Administration
    • Further or higher education to undertake business related or other qualifications, including Foundation Degrees in areas such as business, business management, and business administration
    • A range of business and management undergraduate programmes
    • A range of business professional qualifications at level 4 and above.

With additional training, advanced apprentices may be able to progress in their careers to roles including office manager, administration team leader, personal assistant or a wide range of managerial roles within business.

• How do I apply?

Please complete and submit the Apprenticeship Application Form, which should include an up to date reference. After the application form has been received an interview will be arranged. As this a roll-on, roll-off course interviews will take place throughout the year including during the summer.

To Apply or Enquire

If you are interested in applying please fill out an application form. If you require more information please do not hesitate in sending us your queries via our enquiry form. We will endeavour to get back to you as soon as possible.

subject tasters at Richmond upon thames college experience inside the classroom London 2016 2017 1

Find your course

What our apprentices say...

business administration apprenticeship at National Physical Laboratory and Richmond upon Thames College in London jodie

Valuable Experience

“At the beginning of my final year at sixth form I made the decision not to apply to any Universities. After doing some research I decided apprenticeships were the best route to take as I realised I could get a qualification, gain practical, valuable experience and earn money whilst doing it, which suited me better than having to paying for University fees. I’m glad I chose to do an apprenticeship as it is a great start to my career.”

Read more

Local offer of additional learning support at a top ofsted good college in south west london 1

Latest News