Benefits of hiring an apprentice:
1. Proven benefit to business - 89% of employers say that having an apprentice has benefitted their business.
2. Bridge the skills gap - you can train an apprentice to gain very specific skills depending on your needs. They are eager and flexible as they are young and at the start of their career.
3. Their training and development is funded - the Government has allocated millions to funding the T&D of apprentices
4. Increased productivity at reduced costs
5. Fresh perspectives and ideas - apprentices bring new, unbaised perspectives of the marketplace as well as open up time and space for current employees to be more creative and develop their own fresh perspectives.
What are the costs to you?
• An apprentice is like any other employee, with an Employment Contract that covers the duration of their apprenticeship and an agreed salary.
• The apprentice is paid for when they are both at work and at college
• Typically most employers in our area pay the National Minimum wage, or higher for their age group
• If an apprentice is under 19, the Government will fund all their training costs at college. If they are 19 and over, only 50% of their training is funded. The College will charge a fee towards the remaining costs.
Financial help for employers
A £1,500 grant is available to businesses with under 50 employees (eligibility criteria apply).
How we help?
Our Training Solutions team will advise you on the best apprenticeship training that will suit your business, manage the recruitment and selection process and support the entire apprenticeship journey. We can also provide specialist advice, consultancy and implementation of the Apprenticeship Levy which comes into force for companies with a payroll in excess of £3m in April 2017.